We served the Bombay honey glazed chicken thighs with coconut rice but you can choose to use any you want. You can prepare the chicken the night before to make this even easier.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2-3 tbsp bombay honey glaze
- 250g long grain rice
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 chilli chopped seeds removed
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- First tackle the rice, take a sieve and rinse the rice under cool water to get rid of some the starch. Once rinsed, put the rice in a medium sized pan with the coconut milk, don’t throw away the tin using the tin fill with water and add to the pan.
- Cook the rice on a medium heat for 20minutes; keep an eye on the rice as it can quickly burn.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, prepare the chicken thighs. Put the Bombay honey glaze in a large bowl loosen with a little water, mix and then add in the chicken thighs. Mix to coat the thighs.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray with butter or coconut oil and pop in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes until cooked through and the skin has gone nice and crispy.
- Whilst you are waiting for the chicken check on the rice. If the liquid has reduced down and there is a little left take the pan off the heat and keeping the lid on, set aside to absorb the rest of the liquid and fluff up.
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to ret whilst you finish the rice. Put the cooked rice into a serving bowl and garnish with the coriander to serve.
- To serve, put the rice in the middle of the table and serve the chicken thighs with warm naan bread and popadoms.
We hope that you enjoy this recipe, share your honey glaze recipes with us on our Facebook page here.
For more information about our honey or our honey glazes check out the product page here.